Friday, 24 July 2026

And breathe

Really windy at the beach yesterday. I don't know how the runners managed Parkrun along the prom

We were in Lancashire last week...

Monday...  looked after  little one with J for 3 hours, then took mum to the opticians, then took her shopping ( she spent £200+ so there was a lot and it took ages), took her home and had a coffee with her, paid her tv licence online, went home and looked after the little one with J for another 3.5 hours

Tuesday... went into town with J and little one, went to the bank and Boots, took little one for breakfast, went to the market,  went home, looked after them for another 5 hours

Wednesday... looked after little one with J for 9 hours, went to the allotment for 2 hours in the evening. I strimmed all grass, weeded, pulled all onions and some rhubarb,  J dug up potatoes and weeded

Thursday... looked after little one for an hour until J got up, went into town on my own to return a dress, went to Primark, J looked after little one, I swapped dress for t-shirts and trousers, went to M and S for strawberries and tomatoes ( used a voucher so just 30p to pay) drove to Argos in Sainsbury's to collect my new phone charger, went home, collected the little one, took them to visit my mum. Ordered her prescription. J moved her small fridge out to the garage, I cleaned the top of the fridge freezer, J moved microwave up there. I measured her worktops, showed her vinyl wrap choices and ordered what she wanted. Went home, looked after the little one for another 3 hours, packed, filled the car with petrol, travelled to Wales, dropped the bags, went shopping, put the shopping away, and unpacked.

And breathe for a few days. 

I'm physically and mentally exhausted. I feel absolutely drained and struggled to lift my arms to get my washing in and fold it before we left on Thursday. That's when I know it's bad. Despite that, I'm only managing to sleep for a couple of hours at a time with wakeful periods in-between.

We have to return to Lancashire on Friday for the retirement party, and stay to take my mum to 3 medical appointments the following week, so I'll doubtless be exhausted again afterwards, but for now I will rest.


7 comments:

  1. Joan from Dublin26 July 2026 at 14:49

    No wonder you're exhausted!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Next week won't be as bad as the little one will be back with the childminder!

      Delete
  2. I hope you do manage to rest and recuperate (I need to take my own advice!). It's not easy I know when there are all these jobs and responsibilities....xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bloody Blogger, it's me again, Sooze xx

      Delete
    2. I agree Sooze. It's hard when there are so many demands. I'm very lucky that I can escape.

      Delete
  3. You've been very busy caring for everyone. No wonder we're known as the 'sandwich generation'. No doubt we will be called on for childcare duties and when they go away, probably some cat sitting too. As we were away in Devon last week, I've spent the weekend and today catching up on washing and ironing. Sorted the garden out, although the lawn looks desperate. My back is bad again, but I take the painkillers and keep going. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It feels like there's always someone making demands on my time and I do wonder when it will end. At least my grandchild brings enormous joy. Sorry to hear your back has been bad. My neck has been playing up recently ( arthritis and a prolapsed disc). It's the worst its been for a while, and has brought involuntary gasps when it feels like it's getting trapped.

      Delete