Thursday, 6 August 2026

Grass growing, paint drying

 
I'm sure you're sick of reading about me doing things for my mother.
 Yesterday's appointment almost finished me off. 
It was so bad that I went to bed at 4.30pm and stayed there.
 Have you ever sat in your car and screamed?
 I have. 
More than once.
My life is currently being here in Lancashire doing things for others for a week, followed by time at the caravan to recover physically and mentally.
It doesn't make for an interesting blog; so I'm going to disappear for a bit.
I'll be back if something of interest happens. Who knows how long it will take? 
Maybe never!
Take care all
Xx

10 comments:

  1. Joan from Dublin6 August 2026 at 21:50

    Thank goodness you have the caravan to retreat to. But you will burn yourself out if you keep this up and then you will be unable to care for anyone. Try putting yourself first for a change - easier said than done. Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joan. Yes, it's much easier said than done but I'm getting better at it.

      Delete
  2. I echo Joan above - take care of yourself, Scarlet. I know it's easier said than done. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sooze. You understand better than most people x

      Delete
  3. my mother is the same buys enough to feed an army, then throws a pile out as it goes off??? What's funny though, we were brought up never EVER to waste food! As the others said, take good care of yourself. I am lucky my mother is an ocean away, so only have to deal with her via Facetime, so can switch off when I want to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gill. I often wish I was an ocean away from my mother!

      Delete
  4. So sorry about this stressful time. This hot weather has not helped. Please take care of yourself ❤️ 🙏 👍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Im sure it will end at some point, though I sometimes think my mother will outlive me

      Delete
  5. I am iffy getting alerts on posts and thought its been a while since you wrote. I missed this post. I'm so sorry for the stressful period, again. No, not tired at all of reading anything you feel like sharing. Typing can be like that scream in the car to release a bit of pent up pressure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks S. I'm certain it will get worse before it gets better but I am much better at saying no and at biting back, but there are still those scream in the car days!

      Delete