I went back to hospital this morning due to further problems.
The result is that surgery round 3 is scheduled for next Thursday 21st May.
The latest proposed repair method sounds like the worst yet.
The cover plate has been fitted and is making me gag.
My mental health is done for.
I'm so sorry to read this, Scarlet, you must wonder when (if) it's ever going to end. Thinking about you and hoping for a good outcome xx
ReplyDeleteThanks Sooze. I shed a few tears yesterday when the reg said, 'You know what I'm going to say don't you?' I knew it was open but was hoping they could just put a couple more stitches in. I'd just started to feel a bit better physically and now I'll be bedridden again. Xx
DeleteThat's really dreadful, will this ordeal ever end for you? Sending my best wishes.
ReplyDeleteThanks Joan. I honestly can't see an end to it as I've lost all confidence that it can be fixed. I don't blame them, and they've said it's nothing I'm doing either. It's just a large hole in an awkward place. Hopefully the cover plate will help, and wearing it now might get me used to it before surgery. It's not making me gag as much today, so that's a positive.
DeleteScarlet, I wish more than anything for you to be done with this nightmare.
ReplyDeleteThanks SAM. We're over the stomach bug so have come to the caravan until Tuesday night for some rest ( I was up in the night helping with the little one, stripping the bed and scrubbing the carpet before I became ill too). I have my pre-op on Wednesday morning, surgery Thursday afternoon. I think its going to be the worst yet if they use the proposed method.
Delete