Sunday, 21 June 2026

Outside

 



We were out and about in an urban setting yesterday and saw these. They reminded me of the meadows I played in as a child. I spent as much time outdoors as I possibly could, playing in fields, climbing into the WW2 lookout tower, building forts from the bales of straw, paddling in the mill stream, playing in the park or down by the canal, crossing the dual carriageway, and wandering for miles.

I still like being outside. 
We've been to the allotment twice this week,  and done two 3 mile walks. 
The joints are feeling it, but the allotment looks better!

4 comments:

  1. The outdoors can be rejuvenating. I hope you continue to have monents, and hopefully soon days, to call your own.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks S. We went to the hospital this morning, then the allotment this afternoon with a coffee out inbetween. We had the little one this evening. KL was at a meeting at school, and her partner is very ill with tonsillitis! It's been a nice day but I cant wait to get back to the caravan.

      Delete
  2. I love a wildflower meadow. Well done on the allotment work and the walks, you're getting there! We won't be doing much outside work or walks this week, far too hot which neither of us can cope with nowadays. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sooze. Ive definitely improved a lot in the last couple of weeks. We went to the allotment this afternoon. It was OK when we got there, but became unbearable and I was dizzy. We got a bit more done though. Slow and steady!

      Delete