My alarm was set for 1am. The match was delayed by adverse weather so I reset it for 2am and dozed back off.
This was the sky at 4.23am.
The match had all the drama, and I was on the edge of my seat, trying desperately not to bite my nails during the 11 minutes (actually 12 because the ref added an extra one) of added time.
It's 5am and I'm back in bed.
The gulls are squawking and wheeling.
I think I'm awake for the day.
Updated..
I didn't stay in bed long and didn't go back to sleep. I got up for coffee and it was so warm I opened the patio door and knitted then watched The Rest is Football at 6am and the replay of the match after that.
I've been into town this morning as we both needed coffee from the supermarket, I've done a bit of painting, and managed a 10 minute cat nap. I thought I'd slept for ages but my coffee was still piping hot when I woke up!
J's out running, I've just made a salad to go with tea and I'm watching Wimbledon.
I hope I sleep well tonight.


Congratulations England!
ReplyDeleteThey did so well. I thought I'd grown out of getting excited about the England team, after too many disappointments, but obviously not!!
DeleteAn advantage to the World Cup being in my country is for the most part, games fit my schedule. What a nail biter that was last night. Congratulations England fans. Now, the stupid politics have gotten into the conversation for US tonight when it should just be about the players playing. FIFA officials caved to money, and I say that as an American that thought the red card was bogus. It won't change my life at all but gives the rest of the world more reason to dislike and distrust Americans.
ReplyDeleteI would hope that most people can see that it's your president who's at the heart of it, and not ordinary Americans. FIFA is well known for corruption, so the head of it being friendly with Trump is a recipe for disaster!
DeleteOur next match is 10pm our time, so easier to watch!
We didn't stay up to watch it, but I woke at 5.557 am and put Alexa on and the first words from the news were England had won, I nudged OH and went we won. We were both astonised and amazed but grateful. Fingers crossed against Norway. Glad to read you are feeling better and your plants survived your absence. Hugs. Xx
ReplyDeleteThanks Gill. I'm still tiring easily but feel much better in myself.
DeleteIt was a very stressful game, but I'm glad I got up to watch.