Snapped on the day we looked round in June 2024. It still looked the same last week, except for a few things on the shelves.
A bit of a change. It's so much brighter and far less blah.
50p St Kentigern charity shop Denbigh
The en suite has come together very quickly. We found an end of batch roll of wallpaper in B &Q, reduced from £22 to £15. I've discovered that wallpaper in there is expensive and the quality doesn't match the price! I usually buy online, finding paper I like and shopping round for the best price. With paste already mixed from doing the bathroom, and us having to go home soon (3 appointments this week) we needed to find some paper quickly.
The other bits have been charity shopped, or existing stuff used.
I just painted the top of the tulip thing and now it holds loo rolls.
The frame was covered in poorly applied treacly varnish which I sanded off then paint was applied. I put a greetings card in the frame.
The patterned, small, 2 drawer unit was painted in the same dark green paint left over from painting the bathroom in Lancashire.
I moved the yellow pot from a bedroom and popped a spider plant in it. I got the original spider plant from a colleague when I worked at the ante natal clinic. She'd grown them on from plantlets off her large plant and potted one up for each of us. I left there in 1995, and I think this is a 3rd generation from the plant I received.
The square picture is an original painting bought for 50p in St Anne's years ago.
The next time I'm in Denbigh I'll pick up some frosting spray and try to disguise the edges of the mirror, and I need to bring some filler from home for the holes in the 'wood' surround.
I added green stick on tiles (£3.99 Home Bargains) behind the sink.
Total cost £23.99...
I haven't included the cost of things I've owned for years and just moved from other rooms
In other news, I discovered a leak under the sink on Saturday afternoon. Thank goodness it happened while we were here. It turned out that one of the copper pipes that went up into the tap had sheared through completely inside the tap!
We had to buy a new tap as it was impossible to remove the broken part from inside it, and J fitted it.
So much for our planned quiet afternoon!






My spider plants are descendents from the one my Dad gave me more than 25 years ago, I have given lots of baby ones away. I just snip them off and root them in a glass of water. Your en-suite looks lovely and the yellow pot really stands out. I picked up some white dinner plates, small pasta bowls and cache pot holders from a lady who was emptying her MIL's house. She was just putting everything out in the front garden with a help yourself, its free sign - so I did. Safe travels and hugs. Xx
ReplyDelete