I went on Monday, and yet again was assured that it was intact, despite the fact I could hear it hissing.
I'm autistic. I have ears like a bat and can hear things that other people can't, but I can't see into the top of my mouth, so I have to take their word for it.
I've been in a dark place, knowing that it wasn't right, but unable to do anything about it.
It has continued to hiss, and this afternoon it gurgled when I drank.
Tonight, salt water poured down my nose when I was rinsing my mouth; a sure sign that it is open.
I phoned the ward and the nurse said the maxfax doctors had left and there was just a duty doctor who wasn't on the ward. She told me that I should go to A and E. I refused. I cannot sit on a hard chair/ the floor for hours. I don't have it in me as I am absolutely wrecked, physically and emotionally.
I thanked her and told her I would ring the ward first thing tomorrow to arrange to be seen on the assessment unit.
She took my name and hospital number. I went to find J to tell him and when I went back upstairs my phone was ringing.
It was the nurse. A maxfax doctor had finished in surgery and turned up on the ward unexpectedly.
' He says he knows you. His name is H*****. He says to come to the assessment unit at 1pm tomorrow'
Yes, it's the same doctor who has twice told me that it's intact.
He had better sort it tomorrow, or bleep someone who can, because I'm at the end of my tether now.
I'm supposed to have an appointment with the consultant next week. I hadn't heard anything so rang up to check. Apparently I'm on a waiting list to see him, despite him clearly stating he wanted to see me 2 weeks post surgery.
This is the NHS in 2026.
No comments:
Post a Comment