Saturday, 23 May 2026

Rough

Last night and so far today have been rough.

The mouth guard has been really painful to wear. 

Wednesday can't come soon enough to have it removed.

I've had less than 500 calories since Wednesday night, and eating is impossible today. Even drinking is difficult.

Despite the pain, I hope it's doing its job and protecting the wounds so that they stay closed.

In better news the little one had a lovely time on the beach with Mummy while J did Parkrun. They've been to the pub for breakfast and have been in the garden all afternoon.

I've been in bed, maxed out on painkillers, sleeping as much as possible.

Another boring post!

6 comments:

  1. Joan from Dublin23 May 2026 at 22:09

    Not boring at all! Hope you can manage to sleep through the pain - sleep is healing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another very disturbed night unfortunately. The others have just gone out to the park in town, so I'm hoping to have a nap. Still struggling to eat and feeling quite weak and wobbly legged now.

      Delete
  2. Can you drink those meal replacement milkshakes, or maybe dioralyte or something similar? You poor love, you must be so fed up. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't stomach milkshakes unfortunately. They've made me gag since I was a child. I've had some electrolytes and some fresh orange juice, which is something I never usually drink. The ED makes everything more difficult as my safe foods all have texture and I haven't been able to eat them for almost 7 weeks. I hope this has worked as I honestly don't know how much more I can stand 😪

      Delete
  3. Darn blogger is not alerting posts in my feed. I'm just reading this. I hope today went well getting the guard removed. What a trial you've had.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks SAM. Blogger is being a pain again isn't it. Unfortunately the guard wasn't out for long and has to stay in for another 3 weeks.

      Delete