The car came back this morning. They've done a brilliant job of it, even doing a few things that I wouldn't have thought necessary, like replacing the 'Hyundai' lettering and logo. I just wish it hadn't taken so long.
We took the hire car back a couple of hours later, once we'd finished looking after the little one for the day... mummy finishes at 11.30 on Fridays.
We walked back home afterwards as I feel much better today. I tried to go for a walk with my husband yesterday lunchtime, but only got 30 metres and had to go home. I went straight upstairs to bed, slept for a while and stayed there for the rest of the day. This morning the roof of my mouth is sore. I think both things are down to the ME/CFS but having the sore mouth on top of the odd sensations/ numbness from having the skin stripped away, twisted and used to cover the hole between my mouth and sinus cavity is a literal pain.
We passed the Salvation Army charity shop en route and they had a half price sale on. I found a Seasalt shirt and paid £1.50 for it.
![]() |
| Lare afternoon sunshine, and silence |
I've just hand washed the shirt and spun it in the charity shopped salad spinner I bought for that purpose because we are back at the caravan. I will eventually invest in a spin dryer to use so that I can wash larger items here rather than using the launderette or taking them home.
All the garden plants except for a pot of primulas have survived. The new ones in our new wooden planters were watered by our friend B, and the rest have done their best with searing temperatures, wind and scattered showers. I did a lot of deadheading and watering as soon as I arrived. The grass here is scorched yellow/brown.
![]() |
| The beach is as wild, wonderful and ever changing as always. The sand was blowing along it this morning (Saturday) so fiercely that I couldnt walk there |
It's good to be back.




I'm so pleased for you, it's lovely to hear you sounding so much happier and more relaxed. What a great idea and use for the salad spinner. xx
ReplyDeleteThanks Sooze. It's been lovely so far. Nothing out of the ordinary apart from a 2am start for the England match ( we must be mad!), but enjoyable.
DeleteI was so glad to find the spinner for £1 the last time we were here.
That Seasalt shirt waa a real bargain, I think our charity shops have suffered because so many people are reselling on Vinted..
ReplyDeleteI think you're right about Vinted. We rarely find nice stuff these days so I was thrilled with the shirt!
DeleteGood news. I'm hope your time now can be Caravan focused.
ReplyDeleteThanks S. I hope so too, and we've had lovely weather again today!
Delete