I walked into town this morning and was there by about 8.45am. I left a note on the dining table for J, but there was no need as he was still asleep when I got back just before 10am!
It was nice to be out on my own, for only the second time in 3 months, and the first time out under my own steam in all that time.
Every other time I've left the house in the last 3 months I've been accompanied by J. Last Saturday I had time on my own in town while he did Parkrun then walked up to the seafront to meet him but we drove there initially.
I could have driven this morning, but I am desperately unfit after 3 months of operations/ recovery and need to exercise.
During the 6 weeks of the operations I was only doing a couple of hundred steps some days. My weight has been all over the place... dropping by around 10 pounds immediately after each operation, but going back on equally rapidly once I could eat more but could do no exercise to burn anything off.
At the moment I feel very chunky, which isn't helped by the heat and being unfit.
I'll probably go out for a walk to town again in the morning as I need another matchpot.
The mirror above the fire is on its 3rd incarnation and still isn't right. Honestly, it's driving me mad so I'm hoping the latest idea works.
I think I'm losing my touch!
I think, as carers, we all forget the importance of self-care - spending time alone is so restorative.
ReplyDeleteIt's so nice not having to consider anyone else for a short while isn't it?
DeleteJoan is right, it's so easy to neglect ourselves. Our surgery nurse told me the last time I saw her that I should take better care of myself, which is easy for someone who's not a carer to say. I'm guessing you felt quite a sense of achievement having walked to town by yourself. Keep going. xx
ReplyDeleteA GP told me last year that I need to take better care of myself, but as you say that's easier said than done when there are demands on you. I walked again today but it was much hotter. I've eaten better today too which is a big win.
DeleteGood for you. Here I lost a ton of weight leafing up to then after my knee replacement. I've put over half back on and am so frustrated with myself. I guess J needed the sleep.
ReplyDeleteStrangely, I always seem to be fatter in Summer, and more able to lose weight when it's colder. It's so easy to gain weight isn't it. I fight a constant battle with the ED demon who sits on my shoulder and screams in my ear. Ive been better for the last couple of days and have eaten proper meals. One day at a time.
Delete