The grass was dry and brown on the verges when we drove in last Friday. After another week without rain they look bleached!
It was hot at 8.30am as I left the caravan to walk to town again today.
I returned the clothes I bought yesterday from Tesco. The quality was good but they weren't 'me'.
I looked in Next but didn't like anything.
I thought I'd buy some basic t- shirts in Marks and Spencer, went to try one on and it was so ill fitting. The cut was terrible. I'd purposely sized up from the more expensive M and S tshirt I was wearing, but the one I tried was too small on the shoulders and the sleeve was cut across the widest part of my arms.
I looked in the mirror and hated myself.
I went to look in the charity shop over the road. A basic M and S t-shirt in there was £5.99, which is 49p more expensive than the brand new one I'd just tried on!
I gave up and came home, forgetting to buy the matchpot!

That is dehydrated grass. I really dislike clothes shopping. Between some brands doing vanity sizing and so much being cheaply and poorly made, but still expensive, I give up.
ReplyDeleteI know I shouldn't care about size labels, and I've got much better about it, but yesterday was hard psychologically. I'm also bloated/ heavier due to the heat. My body does not like it at all.
DeleteI think some charity shops have got really expensive for clothes, although I did pick up some items for Baby C which were 2 for £1.50. Don't worry about forgetting the matchpot, I do stuff like that and I even take a list, but I get sidetracked. Your grass is definitely bleached, but hopefully will green up again when it rains. Take care. Xx
ReplyDeleteThe pricing was very odd, as I bought a really lovely M and S maxi dress there for £8.99 on Monday, yet they were charging £5.99 for a tshirt. I got the matchpot today, but it's too hot to use paint as its drying as I apply it!
DeleteI've found it hard to buy any decent tops this year, everything seems to be over-sized and cropped. Vinted has ruined the charity shops here!
ReplyDeleteI agree Joan. I've really struggled to find decent tshirts. Maybe it's just that I'm very disgruntled with my body at the moment!
Delete