Friday, 29 May 2026

3,2,2

So far this morning : 3 phone calls, 2 texts and 2 emails about the car.

I feel sick, tearful and worried about it all.

In pain with my mouth again today and weight still dropping.

I honestly think I must have been evil in a former life and am being punished for it in this one.

9 comments:

  1. Can you take a step back from it and let your husband deal with the car stuff? My apologies if I've missed something and it's not possible. I had to deal with everything when our car was hit (whilst stationary in a car park) and it was a nightmare, so I can empathise. You need to look after yourself whilst you're healing, your health is a priority xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My reply to you is further down Sooze. Don't know why it didn't appear here!

      Delete
  2. You do not deserve this repeated hardship and on top of it, more pain. Insurance is supposed to cover thi gs like tbis without stress but of course, it never does and if the guilty party and his insurance is a jerk, it's worse. I sure hope you can rest and heal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks SAM. Today has been a bad day. I'm so tearful which isn't like me at all... I cried on the phone to the insurers.

      Delete
  3. Thanks Sooze. That sounds like a nightmare. J is useless with admin and the insurance is in my name, though I have given permission for them to speak to him. Since posting I've had another text, another email, and had to send 3 emails with all the photos of the car. I'm paranoid about it being written off because it's old, even though they've said it came up as 'go to repair' The idiot who hit us is trying to say our car must have already been damaged as he couldn't possibly have caused it as his has barely a scratch. Basically, we're being accused of lying and I'm looking at worst case scenarios because that's who I am! Hopefully today has been the initial flurry after us going ahead with the claim and it will calm down for a few days until the car is collected. Luckily the car is still driveable so we may head to the caravan for a few days. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a kn*bhead, do you have any way of proving your car was in reasonable bodily condition prior to the accident - photos, preferably date stamped, e.g.? Thank goodness you can still get to the caravan xx

      Delete
  4. Joan from Dublin30 May 2026 at 07:40

    I don't know why insurance companies make claims so difficult, hopefully they'll pay for a replacement car while yours is being repaired. You could definitely do without yet another headache though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they'll arrange a hire car; but having read the terms and conditions I'm not sure I want it if the other party is being difficult. It seems I could be left with a bill for it. It's all quite difficult to understand.

      Delete
    2. Joan from Dublin3 June 2026 at 16:32

      Oh that's awkward, you certainly don't want to be left with a hefty bill - rental cars are not cheap. Yet another stress, as if you didn't have enough to worry about!

      Delete