Tuesday, 9 June 2026

Tuesday

Enjoying the sunshine on the deck last week, though wrapped in a blanket as it was cold.

Some better news today. The car was collected this afternoon and the third party has now accepted liability. I've sent a copy of the receipt for my grandchild's carseat to the insurance company... it was a new one that we'd bought just 20 days prior to the accident and had only been used a handful of times. It needs to be replaced due to the impact, so I've claimed for that. I cancelled the claim for a hire car and refused a claim for a courtesy car as it would have delayed the car repairs.

We managed without a car for 2 years when we had to get rid of ours as we just couldn't afford it, so I'm sure we'll manage now. The worry of using a car we don't own and it being damaged either on the road or in a carpark just isn't worth it, so we'll use buses instead.

I have a hospital appointment on 17th for my mouth and another on 22nd for something else, both at the hospital further away, but I'm hoping we'll have the car back by then. If not, it will be 2 bus trips to hospital rather than just the one about my mouth.

We did my mum's shopping at Asda yesterday morning  and some shopping at Lidl last night for us. If we need anything else we've got several 'corner shops' nearby or I can order online if I need more than just basics. 

I'm aiming to use up some of our food that is left in the freezer and cupboards after moving a lot to the caravan. I've got soft fruit in there from 2024's harvest and it needs to be used so I'm anticipating lots of red, white and black currants with Greek yoghurt, maybe with a meringue nest as I've got some of those in the cupboard. I think there may be apples and rhubarb in the freezer too. It all needs using up.

I also need to move some furniture around in our bedroom to accommodate our other G plan armchair... we've already moved one up there. As we'll be mainly at home due to being car-less we should be able to get some jobs done. We also want to wall mount the television up there. If the weather is ok, J needs to do some work at the allotment anc in the garden.

So, those are the plans. Fingers crossed I'll have some energy to get things done and then the car should be back with us and we'll be able to return to the caravan.


9 comments:

  1. Joan from Dublin10 June 2026 at 09:41

    Fingers crossed all goes to plan. Best wishes, Joan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joan. Ive also added in painting the bureau and adding the new handles I bought months ago. I aim to do that one day next week.

      Delete
  2. Hope you get your car back soon. We were without our Mini for 7 weeks, due to parts not being in stock and having to come from abroad, fortunately we are lucky enough to have a second car. I was planning all sorts of gardening jobs today but the rain defeated me, but I did get some plants put in, then this afternoon we had a trip to the tip. Fingers crossed your hospital appointments go well. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gill. I had a call from the car hire place yesterday saying the booking was still live, so after reading that you waited 7 weeks, and ringing the repair company and being told the car is in a queue, we are having a hire car after all!

      Delete
  3. Don't overdo things will you? Easy to just plough on when you've a list of things to do. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was me above, sorry x

      Delete
    2. Thanks Sooze. Im building up slowly. Ive done some housework this morning, and will start to sort through some things this afternoon in readiness for the furniture move. More worry added this morning.

      Delete
  4. I echo anonymous above...you still need to come first and take time to rest and recuperate. Yes, any car seats involved in accidents need replacing as the safety integrity ( it did it's job) could be compromised to any future accident. That was smart to submit for replacement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks S. I'm trying to build up slowly. I had a longer walk yesterday, have done some gentle housework this morning, and will do some sorting later in readiness for moving the chair. K and A are visiting tomorrow so we'll leave it downstairs until Saturday.

      Delete